All information shared from Chi Machine International unless otherwise mentioned.
What is Far Infrared therapy (FIR) and what does it do:
Far Infrared Ray are waves of energy, totally invisible to the naked eye, which penetrate the surface of the skin where they gently and elevate the body’s surface temperature to 107.6F/42C and above, whilst positively activating body systems and functions.
History – How Far Infrared heat therapy came into being:
Our bodies radiate far infrared energy through the skin at 3 to 50 microns, with most output at 9.4 microns. Our palms emit FIR energy also, between 8 and 14 microns. ‘Palm Healing’, an ancient tradition in China, has used the healing properties of far infrared rays for 3,000 years. These natural healers emit energy and heat radiating from their hands to heal. Current research conducted in Taiwan has measured significant far infrared energy emitted from the hands of Chi Gong masters. Yogis in India also employ palm healing and recommend it especially for relieving eye strain. Thermal therapy has in fact been in existence for thousands of years, dating back to ancient civilizations such as the Finns, the Romans, the ancient Chinese, the American Indians, and the Egyptians 5,000 years ago.
Since ancient times, people have known that exposure to sunshine can maintain and enhance health. Sun therapy is a form of natural FIR thermal therapy. Far Infrared Ray are the invisible rays of natural sunlight that have the longest wavelength. However, sunbathing should only be enjoyed in moderation since sunlight contains ultra-violet ray which can burn the skin. There is also no temperature control, and sunshine is only available seasonally. Pure Far Infrared heat emitted from healing units unfortunately does not contain Vitamin D, but fortunately, if does not contain ultra violet ray.
In the winter, we feel comfortable with a sweater on when the room air temperature is 70F. In the summer, we feel more comfortable wearing a t-shirt in the same room air temperature of 70F. The explanation is that even though the air temperature is the same, the walls and ceiling radiate FIR waves from the outside sunshine during the summer, which thereby causes our bodies to be warmer.
Couples that sleep together act as transmitters and receivers of FIR waves to each other. If you sleep alone, you act as a transmitter of FIR waves, but you receive none in return. When people sit together and talk, they are sending out and receiving vibrations of FIR from each other. Cuddling your pet will also share FIR heat between you.
For many decades, scientific evidence has found that heat can maintain and enhance the wellness of the human body. Scientists have researched different ways in how to develop more effective forms of thermal heat therapy that target specific areas and enable deep heat penetration.
Traditional forms of heat therapy can be hazardous, uncomfortable, unhygienic, inefficient and ineffective. Traditional saunas create exposure to extremely high temperatures causing heat stress which can have detrimental effects on health, especially for people with heart challenges or needing to sustain blood pressure. Thermal compression’s and wraps are uncomfortable, heat is easily lost, temperature does not remain constant and maintaining a thermal compression or wrap can be problematic and inconvenient.
Research and development in the sixties – notably most extensively in Japan and also Germany – introduced the Far Infrared Ray (FIR) thermal technology. This revolutionized thermal technology to an effective, safe, natural, hygienic, and efficient approach to thermal treatment. Today there are multiple health and medical professionals internationally who rehabilitate and look after numerous physical challenges by using heat therapy for humans and as well as animals. Relief for sports injuries via thermal therapy is one example, whilst detoxification is another (research PubMed.gov for worldwide medical citations).
The Japanese and Far Infrared Products:
The Japanese have extensively researched Far Infrared Technology for use in the fields of healing, preservation, cooking, drying and heating. Well over 150 significant patents were granted between 1977-1987.
List of Far Infrared products available in Japan today:
1) FIR sleeping pads and heaters – Instant warmth even though air temperature remains cool – Infrared sauna.
2) FIR plastic plate to keep fish and vegetables fresher and longer in your refrigerator.
3) FIR ovens replacing harmful microwaves – Cooks more uniformly than conventional.
4) FIR ceramic paper and ceramics.
5) FIR fabrics – socks, gloves, jackets, car seats – Wool and cotton impregnated with ceramic insulating powder.
6) FIR fabric keeps body warm in a cold environment whilst providing passive FIR health benefits.
7) FIR hair dryer – Cooler and faster, reduces damaged hair, now popular worldwide.
8) FIR clinical treatments – FIR panels for incubators in maternity wards.
Far Infrared Medical Healing Worldwide.
Japanese and Chinese researchers and clinicians have completed extensive research on far infrared heat therapy and report many amazing discoveries. In Japan, there is an ‘Infrared society’ composed of medical doctors and physical therapists dedicated to further Far Infrared heat research. Their findings support the outstanding health benefits of Far Infrared thermal therapy as a natural method of healing.
Dr. Tadashi Ishikawa, a member of the Research and Development Department of Fuji Medical, received a patent in 1965 for a zirconia ceramic infrared heater used in the first healing infrared thermal systems. Medical practitioners in Japan were the only ones using infrared thermal systems for 14 years. In 1979, they were finally released for public use. The technique has been further refined into far infrared thermal systems that have been sold in the USA since the 1980’s. One use of Far Infrared heat in the USA has been in the form of panels used in hospital nurseries to warm newborns.
There have been well over 700,000 far infrared thermal systems sold in Asia for whole body treatments. An additional 30 million plus people have received localized far infrared treatment in Asia, Europe, and Australia with FIR lamps, which emit the same 2-25 micron wave bands as employed in a whole body system. In Germany, physicians in an independently developed form have used whole body Far Infrared therapy for over 80 years.
Far Infrared technology is generating outstanding results and is rapidly gaining worldwide recognition and acclaim: The benefits of FIR technology are truly phenomenal beyond the initial feelings of well being and relaxation. A wide variety of far infrared units are available to the public internationally.
Many traditional saunas now incorporate Far Infrared, but the accuracy of the benefits must be taken into consideration due to factors such as 1) the distance from the source of Far Infrared to the body – FIR waves need to be close to the body as the further away from the body, the less effective – 2) the effectiveness of the actual elements used to generate the Far Infrared heat, and 3) the range of microns emitted – 7-11 microns being the most beneficial to the human body.
“Far Infrared Potential Benefits and the Scientific Basis of Far Infrared Ray Therapy”:
Here is an article written well over a decade ago by Professor Neil Piller – team leader of the Lymphoedema Assessment Clinic, Flinders Medical Center and Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia – regarding Far Infrared thermal therapy:
2005: “There is still some uncertainty about the benefits of Far Infrared Ray (FIR) use because there have been no large scale clinical trials detailing its benefits. However, countless anecdotal observations, experimental work and small scale clinical trials have strongly suggested a range of benefits.
“Early in the awareness about FIR it was realized that Far Infrared Ray are released from the hands (palms) of Qi Gong masters and that this, in part, explained how they could improve people’s health” most likely through re-balancing a disrupted physiological mechanism.
FIR can penetrate deeply into the tissues, generating the sensation of warmth as they do so. There is a belief that the Far Infrared Rays set up a resonance in the body, thus generating this feeling of gentle warmth and repair. It was later discovered that certain ceramic substances could emit FIR naturally and when stimulated by an electric current.
There have been many studies about the benefits of various wavelengths of laser, of intense polarized and non polarized light on the human body, but it is those of the Far Infrared Rays which seem to have the widest and most systematic effect, and more work is underway to substantiate this.”
NOTE: PubMed.gov as well as clinics in Germany can now substantiate this.
“The Scientific Basis and Therapeutic Benefits of FIR Therapy.” History, Clinical Effects, Data, Case Studies, Charts, Graphs, Tables. Foreword from Professor, Flinders University, Australia – Currently unavailable in book stores.
“Some recent good quality experimental and clinical scientific studies (2003) from Japan have shown FIR to result in more rapid wound healing which was independent of changes in blood flow and skin temperature. FIR helped this healing by stimulating a group of cells called fibroblasts to make more collagen which is a very important part of good wound healing and tissue repair. FIR and the gentle tissue warming has also been shown to help improve the ‘health’ of the cells that line our blood vessels, which if left untreated may increase the risk of heart disorders. Some other exciting work in progress in Japan strongly suggests that when certain herbal plants are subjected to FIR that their anti-cancer activity is enhanced.
We have a long way to go in terms of our knowledge and understanding of the beneficial effects of FIR. It does seem clear however, that there are good benefits in the use of FIR on the skin, blood circulation and other conditions where the homeostatic mechanisms of body balance have been disrupted. FIR is what is believed to be the basis of the healing powers of Qi Gong masters but now there are some aids which can uniformly deliver FIR, which can be used in your home.
We all have a responsibility to ourselves to ensure good health, but to do this we must be well informed about the best ways we can attain and maintain this and its associated vitality. A search of “PubMed” and a reading of the booklet “The Scientific Basis and Therapeutic Benefits of Far Infra Red Ray therapy” by Dr. Kyuo, which our team helped translate (exclusively for HTE), will help you in this quest. Wishing you Good Health!”
Source: HTE AUSTRALIA, NZ, EUROPE – Volume 1, Issue 88, Feb/March 2005
Professor Neil Piller, Flinders University, Australia, also headed the clinical trials for HTE’s Sun Ancon Chi Machine.
2016: Far Infrared thermal therapy clinical studies have steadily progressed worldwide – numerous medical citations are available on PubMed. There are many hyperthermic associations, numerous journals, and a growing number of hyperthermic oncologists including:
1) The European Society for Hyperthermic Oncology.
2) The International Clinical Hyperthermia Society.
3) Journal of Clinical Oncology.
4) International Journal of Hyperthermia.
Most of these Far Infrared resources are found in Asia and Europe.
“Give me the power to produce fever
and I’ll cure all disease.”
– Parmenides, 500 BC.
When toxic gases such as sulphur dioxide and carbon dioxide or toxic substances such as lead, mercury, or chlorine meet large water molecules, water clusters encapsulate them. Where these toxins accumulate, blood circulation is blocked and cellular energy is impaired.
Elimination begins when a 8-10 micron Far Infrared wave is applied to these large water molecules and the water begins to vibrate. This vibration reduces the ion bonds of the atoms that are holding together the molecules of water. As the vibration continues, breakdown of the water molecules occurs and encapsulated gases and other toxic materials are released.
Far Infrared Thermal Therapy Benefits:
1) Far Infrared expands capillaries which stimulates increased blood flow, regeneration, circulation and oxygen. It also maintains and promotes healthy lung function.
2) Far Infrared is excellent for detoxification and helps lymphatic cleansing. Scientists in Japan report that in the FIR treatment of clogged capillary vessels, heat expands the capillaries and then initiates the start of a process to dissolve hidden toxins. Far Infrared thereby promotes elimination of fats, chemicals and toxins from the blood: poisons, heavy metals – carcinogenic substances from food processing – lactic acid, free fatty acids, and subcutaneous fat associated with aging and fatigue – excess sodium associated with blood pressure – and uric acid. Furthermore, if sebaceous glands are activated, accumulated cosmetics in pores can be eliminated through the skin (sweat and oil glands), as opposed to the kidneys.
3) Far Infrared emits photons, photons help release enzymes, enzymes stimulate macrophage activity increasing the elimination of damaged and unhealthy tissues – nitric oxide (NO) is released which expands capillaries and increases circulation, which carries toxins to the lymph system and out of the body.
FYI: Food does not contain nitric oxide, but some foods contain nitrates, which the body can turn into nitric oxide. Source: study.com/academy/lesson/what-is-nitric-oxide-foods-benefits-side-effects.html
4) Far Infrared promotes creation of nitric oxide. The action of nitric oxide was not discovered until about 1991 by Dr. Salvador Mondada. Then three Pharmacologists, Robert F. Furchgott, Louis J. Ignarro, and Ferid Murad won the Nobel Prize in 1996 for “for their discoveries concerning nitric oxide as a signalling molecule in the cardiovascular system”. – www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/1998/
Note on nitric oxide:
“From diabetes to hypertension, cancer to drug addiction, stroke to intestinal motility, memory and learning disorders to septic shock, sunburn to anorexia, male impotence to tuberculosis, there is probably no pathological condition where nitric oxide does not play an important role.” – Source: nitricoxidesociety.org – Nitric Oxcide Society Website.
FYI: Far Infrared heat and Nitric Oxide (PDF format).
5) Far Infrared may promote the elimination of various parasitical and non-parasitical invaders.
6) Far Infrared promotes rebuilding of injured tissue (tissue regeneration), by having a positive effect on the fibroblasts (connective tissue cells necessary for the repair of injury). Furthermore, it supports cell growth, DNA syntheses, and protein synthesis all necessary during tissue repair and regeneration. Excellent for healing burns, scar tissue and skin problems such as acne and skin breakouts – anti-aging effects and lessening/softening of wrinkles due to enhanced collagen production.
Far Infrared Therapy – Source:
Hippocrates Health Institute, Florida.
7) Far Infrared relieves nervous tension and relax auto-neuro muscles thereby helping the body make the most of its intended healing abilities. FIR reduces soreness on nerve endings and muscle spasms, as muscle fibers are heated. As a result, rapid reduction of swelling, inflammation and associated pain occurs. Relaxation of muscles and relief of muscular aches – reduces back, shoulder and neck pains.
8) Far Infrared strengthens and supports the Immune system by supporting increased production of white blood cells (leukocytes) by the bone marrow and killer T-cells by the thymus.http://www.chimachine4u.com/soqi-world/mysoqi2.jpg
“Natural killer cells in the immune system are crucial to effective immune defence. Hyperthermia releases a bunch of zytokines and heat shock proteins which make cancer cells more immunogenic that means they are better recognized by the natural killer cells. NK cells are essential in killing virus-infected cells and destroying cancer cells. The nutrients selenium, ß-glycan and zinc increase circulating levels of natural killer cells and boost their cancer-killing activity.” – Extract from article written by Dr. Friedrich Douwes, Klinic St. Georg, Germany.
9) Far Infrared strengthens the cardiovascular system by causing heart rate and cardiac output increase, and diastolic blood pressure decrease – research by NASA in the early 1980’s led to the conclusion that far infrared stimulation of cardiovascular function would be the ideal way to maintain cardiovascular conditioning in American astronauts during long space flight.
10) Far Infrared thermal therapy – commonly known as hyperthermia across Europe and Asia – provides support in the destruction of malignant cells which cannot survive if the temperature of the cell becomes 107.6F/42C and above.
11) Far Infrared soothes tension and stress in both body and mind.
12) Far Infrared radiation (FIR): its biological effects and medical applications. – PubMed, first published online Oct 16th, 20120
– Thermal Oncology
Heat Therapy/Thermal Therapy – otherwise known as Hyperthermia or Thermotherapy – promotes pain relief, promotes circulation, eliminates toxins, accelerates healing, and supports health and life quality where conventional toxic Western protocols fail. Doctors that specialize in hyperthermia for cancer are called Thermal Oncologists, a growing community around the world.
1) Operations remove visible cancer cells. Unseen malignant cells are left behind, not uncommonly showing up within 5 years or thereabouts.
2) Radiotherapy and chemotherapy are both unable to distinguish between healthy cells and malignant cells thus damaging and killing both, besides causing the cancer to proliferate even further, and also damaging respiratory cells in normal cells, overloading them with toxicity.
All three modalities are considered detrimental to health and invasive protocols. Thermal (heat) therapy and immuo-therapy are non-invasive.
In America the mainstream thinking on cancer treatment is slowly but surely undergoing change due to education of the public via the internet, and due to the failure of outdated Western orthodox protocols that are expensive but more importantly, far too frequently, simply don’t work. Toxic ‘band-aids’ are no longer acceptable to thousands of people who are now choosing safe, non-toxic protocols, with emphasis on a natural whole food, alkaline diet which the traditional medical establishment generally refuses to discuss or support.
Elimination of Toxins: Far Infrared heat is a recognized method for removal of toxicity from the body for cells poisoned with heavy metals (aluminum, mercury, cadmium etc), environmental chemicals, and toxic drugs.
Circulation: Cancerous cells cannot exist if circulation is smooth and continuous. Good circulation in the capillaries leaves no room for a cancerous cell to stop and take hold – a malignant cell has to stop moving to proliferate. Far Infrared heat helps capillaries to expand, promoting circulation and increased oxygen, thus providing protection and prevention against proliferation,
The cancerous cell’s positioning, or settling down, is directly related to the capillaries, which are at the end of the blood vessels. The cancer cell tries to position itself by going through the capillary. If it goes through, there could be no settling down or positioning of the cancer cell – which is what happens if there is good blood circulation. If the cancer cell fails to pass through the capillary because of some functional disorder in the circulation, the cell could easily position itself. Healthy circulation – without functional disorder – leaves no way for the cancerous cell to settle down and position itself. The cell may then be killed by the immunocyte (the immunity cell).
Hyperthermia is used worldwide by hospitals and thermal oncologists. Here are just a few countries that is can be found in use: Belgium, Switzerland, Italy, France, Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Ukranine, Hungry, Turkey, Iran, India, Malaysia, Thailand, China, Japan.
Hyperthermia is used extensively in Asia and Europe – especially Japan and Germany – but is only fairly recently in comparison, being researched and utilized within the USA, acknowledged and attested to by the American Cancer Association and the National Cancer Institute on their respective websites.
The American Food and Drug Association has even approved an American microwave hyperthermia system (BSD-2000 – made in Utah), to be used specifically for cancer management, which is required to be used in tandem with radiation or chemotherapy.
Note: Radiation burns the body.
Thermal Oncology in Germany: The Klinik St. George Hospital in Bad Aibling, Germany, has treated 2,500 German and 2,500 foreign patients each year. Their cancer regime is a week of detoxification and strengthening the immune system with diet and nutritional supplements, followed by two weeks of localized far Infrared hyperthermia therapy and low dose chemotherapy. This regime has produced great success in combating various cancers. – www.klinik-st-georg.de
SCIENTIFIC FACT: Far Infrared heat above 40C (107.6 degrees F) weakens and kills cancer cells:
“Targeting the disease and its macro environment is a modern goal. One of these targets is the blocking of tumor angiogenesis (the growth of blood vessels that feed tumors). Blocking the formation of vessels is slowing down cancer growth, facilitating apoptosis – the programmed cancer cell death – and preventing tumor metastases respectively cancer spread throughout the body.
We could show almost ten years ago, that hyperthermia has also a marked anti-angiogenetic effect. The tumor vessels are not as well built as normal capillaries; they are less organized and cannot constrict and relax as normal capillaries. In the early phase of hyperthermia, when the temperature in tumor tissue is rising, the vessels relax to increase the blood flow to the tumor tissue, but as soon as the temperature goes higher then 40°C the constriction of the blood flow stops, it comes to formation of micro thrombi causing hypoxemia in the cancer tissue, which together with other important mechanisms induce apoptosis and cancer cell death. So hyperthermia is an elegant form of anti-angiogenesis.“ – Extract from article written by Dr. Friedrich Douwes, Klinic St. Georg, Germany – Integrative Cancer Therapy Concept.
Both Europe and Japan have multiple organizations, societies and journals which can be found online.
a) Three online resources include: esho.info – thermaltherapy.org – hyperthermia.com
b) Current thermal therapy clinical trials worldwide: clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/home
The use of hyperthermia is attested to by:
1) The American Cancer Association.
2) The National Cancer Institute (NCI) – the U.S. government’s principal agency for cancer research. The NCI states that “Hyperthermia is almost always used with other forms of cancer therapy, such as radiation therapy and chemotherapy.”
The NCI fact sheet states:
“Hyperthermia (also called thermal therapy or thermotherapy) is a type of cancer treatment in which body tissue is exposed to high temperatures (up to 113°F). Research has shown that high temperatures can damage and kill cancer cells, usually with minimal injury to normal tissues (1). By killing cancer cells and damaging proteins and structures within cells (2), hyperthermia may shrink tumors.
The entire NCI fact sheet on hyperthermia may be read here: www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/types/surgery/hyperthermia-fact-sheet
Hyperthermia promotes the benefits of chemo and radiation.
There are countless medical citations attesting to the use of hyperthermia with chemo/radiation on PubMed. Evidence worldwide shows that hyperthermia is effective in promoting the benefits of chemo and radiation. Here are two citations – presented for research and interest only:
Research PubMed.gov for further citations, case studies and conclusions.